Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You just do you...

You know...there are a few things that I have been learning over the course of the past few months. One being that you cannot let others dictate to you who you are. I made that mistake, not seeing that the people I held so much stock in weren't so much better off than me. Realize that you can stand on your own, and that way you won't be so disappointed when your heroes show you their true colors. A lot of people have disappointed me in the last few months, only because they have placed themselves so far above everything, and I thought they were, only to find out they are just like the rest of us...which wouldn't be a problem if they would only ACT like they were fallible.



Also...I have come to the conclusion that people have to stop allowing others to mess in their lives...while we're sitting up following or being led by what someone else is telling us, we're unhappy and they're doing what they want to do. Do you even realize that? Always make sure what you're doing sits well with you...mistakes are meant to be made, and you know the difference between something that's life or death, right or wrong...you don't need play by play commentary...do you. Often people tell you that there are some things that you don't have to experience because you have seen someone else make that mistake...the funny thing is, the mistake someone else made can be a victory for you, so like I said before...MAKE SURE YOU DO YOU. Ultimately, your choice is your own, and while people will tell you that, they also imply that you should do what THEY say...beware of dumb crap. Take advise under advisement...into consideration, and then do what's best for you...we get one life...just one...and some try to spend theirs AND use others...

Hm...last thing I really learned...is that I'm in love...I mean REALLY in love...and it's a beautiful thing...you know what sucked initially? I didn't want to date, because someone always would be telling me how I really felt...or that it wasn't real, that it wasn't right, or this that and the other thing...and some of you who read this will immediately think of certain people, but the spectrum was much larger than that...NOW...yes, you will make mistakes when dating...but make sure you keep your relationship to yourself. Yes...another thing I failed to do and I learned from it the hard way...you will deal with enough without having a million other opinions floating around in your head...outside people will KILL your relationship, seriously. To imagine that I may have passed on this man irritates me unto no end, because I was just that easily influenced...don't make that error. LOVE, peace and hair grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment