Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So...what ABOUT your friends?

In one of my classes, I have discovered that one of my "strengths" is that I'm a relator. And that doesn't mean what you may first think of...because when I first saw it, I was like...huh? So here's the deal...I don't have many friends...and that's a natural thing. My personality naturally makes me carefully select a few people who will stick by me for the long run...I don't really do a whole lot of making new friends...I'm a "why fix what's not broken?" kinda gal...don't get me wrong, I love people...I really do! I love to talk to total strangers, and I LOVE being around people, I love meeting new people, and will carry on a conversation with almost anyone...but when it comes to friendships, I believe in a much deeper connection. I really believe that a friend is someone that I can absolutely count on, even when it's inconvenient for them, because I will do the same, you know? I LOVE my friends, and will do almost anything for them if it's within my means to do so. And I don't believe in betrayal, there's not a friend I have that I would betray, or think of betraying, because they're just that...my friend. I think a lot of people have drawn the short stick on the friend thing...I often here stories and complaints from people about their friends...and I think to myself...hm...that's SO not my story! I have been blessed to have friends with me from childhood, and more recently a couple of ladies that I know will be in my life for the rest of it have come along, although at some points the relationshiop is still tentative for me. I really think though, that more people ought to consider the types of friends that they NEED in their lives before they just connect to someone...funny thing...I ASKED God to show me those that truly had my best interest at heart...and He's been showing me now for the past couple of years...it's truly made a big difference in my life. I really hope that others' sense of self preservation kick in...because nothing hurts worse than having someone in your life that is dysfunctional, because they'll end up hurting you, even if it's not on purpose...believe me, I know. Which leads me to my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment