Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A woman's place...

Now...I hear a lot of women up in arms about this very idea...the idea of having a "place" just puts a fire under the butts of so many, it's funny to me. My question is, is the argument really with you having a "place?" Why are women so hell bent on "breaking all the rules"? What is it that drives you to quickly say "UH UH, I don't HAVE to do blah blah skip, it's my CHOICE, I can do what I want?" I mean...the truth is, from back in the day, the traditional views of the man being the head of the household and the provider, and the woman being the support of her man, by taking care of what's WITHIN that household, outside of yardwork and all that is not a bad deal. Why we feel we must change the tire, mow the lawn, work in the factory (I know that some women choose to do this, I'm just making my point), and protect the family is beyond me...I mean, is there something wrong with me, who desires to have my man be the head of my house, and I will willingly support and input as necessary? I mean...I tend to think I'm as bossy and independent as they come, those who know me may give me an amen, but at the end of the day, I don't have anything to prove...I'm a woman manicured, no manual labor, tryin to be cute and always feminine type of chick, who doesn't have a problem with my "place"...you know why? Because I think that a man has his place too...I expect my man to take out the trash, get my car fixed, come change my flat, fix the toilet and all that jazz...and I've BEEN on the other side...I've done it all alone, all the time...so what? I feel quite accomplished, and don't have a problem deferring to my man when I feel it falls under his jurisdiction, lol. So ladies...what's the deal? Why are we trying so arduously to deny and denounce any sort of boundaries? Am I missing something? I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman who can do it all, so don't think I'm coming down on anyone, I just don't understand the great attitude you get when someone speaks on a man or woman's role...what is it that you're REALLY trying to prove? Is it just that you want recognition for these things? I mean...no one is holding you to just this strict definition of a woman's duties, I like to think of it as something to look forward to...I can't wait to run my household alongside my career...but maybe it's just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment