Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm sensitive???

I am...my feeling are hurt easily...I'm not a lukewarm person for the most part...I either like you or I don't...if I don't you can probably tell...but for those that I love...I really love...I'm a serious person and I take my life seriously...things that have happened to me...I don't make light of...it's very easy if you're in my circle to hurt me...and I've had it happen...almost didn't make it back to my normal self...and maybe I love too hard...I know that it comes from a lack of love during my childhood, and not having anyone to love as a child...now those who I love deal with my delicate feelings...my night and day emotions...I pray about it...even make a conscious effort not to be that way...*sigh* sometimes I just don't know how to process things. Because I've been hurt, I make special effort not to hurt people in my pathways....but I don't always feel like I get the same respect.........I don't know...I am grateful to the people who have remained with me through the years...you will always have my love...

3 comments:

  1. babes you already know what it is with me and you. ive watched you make changes over the last few years that have taken you from being an angry young adult to a beautiful woman who is learning how to express herself and communicate...not only with those you love, but gaining comfort with expressing yourself with others as well. Like i always tell you...not everyone is out to get you, and like i said the other day...when the people who are in your corner get on you about something...its only because we love you and want to see you be the best Jeri you can be. "...when the dark clouds arise...i will stay by your side...and i know we'll be alright..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. J - You know I'll be the first to say that you're being sensitive. Remember that opposites require one another, so for every ounce of sensitivity, there is an ounce of hardness. Not to post your past in your blog, but consider what you've accomplished, consider the past trials, consider what you have 'made' of yourself despite various deficits in your life. Sensitive people don't live long. Life is too uncaring to permit it. However, here you stand, living, and expressing yourself in a variety of manners. If that's sensitive then perhaps we need to rewrite the definition.

    -Intox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeri...I admire your being able to open up about that part of yourself. I saw myself in a few of your statements. I have to keep reminding myself that I am a continual work in progress---you should do the same, mama. Be open and receptive to love, new experiences and all of the positive blessings that God and life have to offer. Many blessings to you; keep on shining!!!

    ReplyDelete