Monday, May 4, 2009

So...

I haven't written about love in a while...and I felt like I should, only because I'm learning more and more about it each day. I truly HAVE been blessed to have a chance to experience something lasting, and I am getting a taste of what it means to be in something for the long run. I've finally met someone about whom I have no qualms with proclaiming my everlasting love for, and I don't have fear of anything on the negative side...I had previously allowed into my life men who were not whole emotionally, and I ended up dealing with the fallout from that. And while they were busy trying to construct themselves, I was the one falling apart; they were destroying me. Of course...while I was single I had fun, and I dated here and there, some more serious and others...but nothing that I really felt ok with for long term. So as I've said before, I start talking to Reg again, and we've been together now for 4 months, it will be 5 sometime in May...and I know, you're like...how you know you love him and wanna be with him and blah blah blaggedy? Well, we have been friends for going on 4 years this year...we've learned each other, and loved each other as individuals first. If there is anything that I can honestly say gets close to perfection is being able to connect with a TRUE friend. This man has been by my side all the time he's known me, and ladies I'm telling you, I don't have to question him, I don't have to wonder, I don't have to fight for his attention. He respects me firstly because he knows me...the REAL me...you know your friends see a side of you that others don't often get to see...and he loves it...and I him. And the most important thing I think we have is the desire to keep our relationship between us. Of course when necessary we've consulted certain trustworthy outsiders, but for the most part, we do not involve others in what's going on with us, and I love it...we solve our problems on our own, we leave no issue to lie and fester, and it brings us closer, and makes us feel so much better...I know we have a lot to learn, but I think we've got the basics down pretty well...we also have similar goals, and that helps...we are supoprtive of one another, and support is SO important, there are so many times a man or woman don't support their S/O, and it can drive a wedge between you...there will be many things to challenge your relationship, pay attention to the little stuff...it matters!!! He and I have all kinds of little rituals that keep it fresh, keep the love stirred up and new, it's so lovely...and while some would probably gag, lol...it keeps us together...we love each other, and we will continue to because we acknowledge the good AND the bad, and we continue to work on us, I hope that others can experience it the way we've been fortunate enough to...*kisses* babe...thanks for your friendship, support and love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow baby...you know I feel the exact same as you. I've never been so wholeheartedly loved by someone, and it feels so good. You allow me to just be who I am, nothing more and nothing less, and I love you SO much for that, because I've not been able to do that before. You make me feel so loved, so....wanted, and that has done wonders for me. It has been such a blessing and a joy to grow with you over the last months, and I can't wait to nurture our relationship in the future. You are my thoughts, you are my heart, you are my smile. I love you J.K.

    ~Noble

    ReplyDelete