Saturday, May 9, 2009

Christians know how to alienate people better than....ANYONE!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

I saw the above article, had to go read it. You know...some people are taking stuff to the extreme, and their ideas of upholding the commandments of God are serving to drive people from His face rather than show people who He is. In life, we are all awarded choices. GOD gave us free reign to choose to live our lives according to how we want to. There are things that he asked us not to do, and things he told us TO do. We all agree? Good. Now, do I think that it's appropriate for folks to be dancing all up on some girls behind, so it looks like they're having sex? Nope, but can I say I have done it? Yup. But here's the thing, if you CHOOSE to engage in that behavior, that ain't between you and me. I may not agree, but I LOVE you anyway...know why? Because Christ loved a bunch of misfits to heaven, plain and simple. He asked me to simply love everyone the way he loves us, and live my life full of right choices...are all of them right, and will all of them BE right? Not necessarily, but again...that's not between me and you. We sit on our high horses and beat these kids...and adults over the head, wielding what little power we have in an attempt to force people to make the "right" decision. You don't know what's going to happen to or for someone, stop trying to control every aspect of their lives! It only breeds regret and resentment later on. People need to be able to come to Christ of their own accord, we simply show them the way, if they choose not, our love should be no different! Let that boy go to prom and graduate, he's not done or doing anything wrong...yet. But if he does, he has to answer to his Father, not some board of ridiculous control freaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment