Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I forgive...

HOW do you forgive? See, everyone is different, and some things affect others more deeply...but what are the methods used to forgive someone who hurt you? I have heard and have watched people tell others, even told others myself that they have to let go of the pain they feel and give it to the Lord...hm. I think that just might be the right thing...however...HOW do you do that? You know? When you're a sensitive person, who loves so fully...who trusts WHOLEHEARTEDLY and freely the people in your circle, and that circle becomes broken, how do you repair that? Time? Space? Prayer most certainly...but what's the right combination? I have multiple people in my life from childhood on up that I need to truly forgive...and I've prayed...and prayed...and prayed...and tried...you know how they say push until something happens? Or fake it til you make it? Oh Lord I've done that...and still feel as if I'm only half way there...what IS it that helps you hold onto a little of that pain you felt...pushing you away from those who have almost certainoy forgiven themselves and moved on with their own agendas...I know for a fact that you can't move forward while holding onto a past ought...it's funny so many things in my life that hurt I hardly think about...but it's the occasion when I do that has my brow furrowed in worry...I don't want to still feel a little prick of pain when I think of certain people, or when I go see them, you know? I guess I will just continue to follow the same regimen...pray, pray, pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment