Saturday, February 7, 2009

The rainbow of emotions...


You know, I know many people who have said to me they wouldn't fool with a long distance relationship....and I say to that person...you haven't met the right one then...I believe that love has the power to transcend that barrier...it IS difficult, and not for everyone, but you can't help who you love...I speak from experience...my S/O and I are 6 hours from each other, and while some may not think that's very far, it's far enough when you're a student with a full time job and other obligations. I have a hard time with it myself, but wouldn't trade it for anything else...to have a man that loves you the way that he loves me is a blessing...to have someone in your corner, to support, encourage, and keep you grounded is something not to be ignored, no matter where they are. Yes, I deal with frustrations at not being able to see him when I want, and believe me, the weekends that I'm supposed to see him seem so far away and end far too soon...but in the long run...yes...in the long run, we'll be ok. And I think that's a little bit of the problem...we look for immediate gratification, and often can't look past now to see later, but I thank God for my desire to look ahead. Reginald and I have been friends for 3 going on 4 years this year...and I never actually saw it really turning into anything, but because of the friendship that we had, it was so natural, easing into a relationship...I've loved him as a person since I met him...so falling for him was easy...and because I can see a future, I don't mind the present being a little trying at times...and it's hard....tonight is one of those nights where I'm having difficulty processing my feelings because I don't like to hear about him going out with his friends all the time, and I can't spend time with him...sounds negative, but it's not...I really don't have an attitude about it, but it comes across that way, when all it really is is me wanting to be able to do that too. But soon enough...soon enough I tell myself. Trust? Well...you have to have it in your heart to trust before you can deal with someone who isn't in the same state as you...you really can't be holding onto anything in your past, and if you are...let it go...quickly...or it won't work because you are already going to have hard times as it is...no need to bring unnecessary issues and arguments...but there's no questioning statement anyone can make to me regarding him that can make me second guess myself because I trust him, and he me...and THAT'S what you have to hold onto...people will make you doubt yourself if you listen to them!!!! But every man is NOT a dog, or a liar...so very, very true I'm learning...but hey...who am I to tell anyone anything...just my thoughts...but I miss him so...

Spiritual Love

You embrace me with your eyes whenever I am near or next to you,
The flutterness of our hearts is the way of how it do.

I hardly can breathe by being so close,
Not being where you at, is what I miss so most.


You've changed my life from the root to the tee,
The glow in my face shines on you, you see.


Love is beyond on the feelings I express,
Describing my love is forever until death.


God is my guide and along you came next,
Spiritual force is what we've shared when we first met.


How deep my love goes there is no end,
It can go on forever and feel like its began.


You've touched me so much throughout my soul,
Nothing else matters because only God knows.


I am your soulmate, your lover, and your friend,
I'll always walk beside you, forever until the end

Written by PostwayGurl

No comments:

Post a Comment