Thursday, May 13, 2010

Confidence

I've been thinking on some things, some people, and myself! So...here we go. I used to, and occasionally still, have confidence issues...I waiver back and forth, lol. I know I'm awesome, and exceptionaly gifted at certain things. It's in my genes, ya know? Ok, so, I'm confident for the most part, and I'm TOTALLY confident when it comes to things that I know.

See...I'm a know-it-all. And anyone who knows one knows that we REALLY believe we are right in most, if not ALL things. Seriously. And it's not an "I'm superior to you in every way type thing" it's more of a, at least for me it's "I've been around the block, and most of everything I try works out, so I gotta know somethin!" type thing. And also, we have thoughts on EVERYTHING. I mean...there's not a topic you can't bring up that we won't have something to say or a suggestion to make... and I will concede to a better idea...if I hear one, that is, but it's rare that I think anything that someone else suggested sounds better than what I'm saying.

Now I can see why this bothers some people...I know people like me, lol...we're confident, and take-charge types...the thing is, we rarely totally screw up...so give us props...some of us were just made to lead...feel me? LOL. Now, as someone who had SERIOUS confidence issues once upon a time, I can tell you...it's annoying to people around you, because your behavior and attitude is often SO negative. And when you have confidence issues, you HATE confident people...and maybe not on a conscious level, but it definitely manifests in your speech and actions...it's ugly!

I know that I'm boisterous, noisy, talkative, smart, cute, and all those other adjectives that make me sound good, and there is NOTHING wrong with that being evident in how I walk, talk, live and breathe...but don't confuse these things for perfection, and don't think we think we're perfect, we are acutely aware of our flaws, but why harp on them? When I make a mistake, I try now to look at it...examine why, what, how, and try to move past...forgive myself and keep it MOVIN.

Get your confidence up...and stop "hating" (I hate that word) on the confident people in the world. It's no fun walking around looking like you ate a lemon. I know, I used to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment