Saturday, June 6, 2009

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Alright, now maybe I'm not the right young woman to bring this subject up...but I simply have a problem with the way some older women speak to younger women. Now I'm not talking about kids, I'm talking about, we're both grown, you just old. Anyway, I have had certain situations arise where an older woman I felt like should have gotten a mouth shot, because she feels like because she's old enough to be, she is everyone on earth's mother, feel me? But I am a firm believer that if we're both grown and I feel like you're jumping slick, oh I'm going to call you on that crap. Now let me explain where I'm coming from before you all get to thinking I'm some disrespectful little trollup. Now my mother passed away when I was a little girl and most of you know that. I was raised from there by men. First my daddy, who passed not too long after, and then my uncle. Now, I don't have this problem with men, and that's because they are constantly trying to crowd you with a bunch of nonsense, but that's another topic altogether. But with older women, I feel like this...I been on my own for a long time. I don't know everything, but I know enough. You aren't my mother, please don't come at me that way. Why can't an older woman be respectful to a younger one? Why we gotta bow down to ya'll all the time? What makes ya'll that special? Feel me? Us young women are on our own tryin to make it like you may have back in the day, why we gotta be disrespected or slighted and then be expected to be respectful? Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I truly live by you gotta give it to get it...so sorry in advance to anyone who feels like they need to come silly and then I kinda let you know a lil sumthin and I'm the bad guy...but for real, learn to respect and you'll get it...if no one feels me on it, it's cool, but to me, older doesn't mean I have to grovel or bend over backwards...so what? I am very respectful btw to most, but all of us have had that run in with the older chick who just get to yappin at you, and she talkin like she feels like she's entitled to instruct your life...getthefreakouttaherewiththat. Lol...Miss me with the dumbness.

No comments:

Post a Comment