Monday, June 22, 2009

I am SO my hair...lol


So, I've said that I would chronicle my journey to natural, and locs...well...ladies and gentleman, I LOVE it. At first, I was so apprehensive, because my self esteem hasn't always been where it should be...but I feel GOOD ya'll...my hair is beautiful, it's growing, it's healthy! I didn't even realize my hair wasn't coarse or really crazy looking until I went natural...it's beautiful! My hair is thick, and it makes me feel so much more...black...lol, it really does, I feel such a pride in myself, it's indescribable...I wouldn't do anything else, and wish I would have done it sooner. And, I'm not single, but I will say this...the compliments you get are SO much better! Because it's like...people really MEAN it when they compliment a natural woman, not that folks didn't mean it before, but truth is, not all men like or think natural is attractive, and I've just gotten some of the nicest compliments lately, it helps! LOL, but for you ladies that are hesitant or who already are natural and feeling a little bit unattractive and nervous? LET IT GO, it will pass, it's a BEAUTIFUL thing, and once you realize it, you carry yourself different, you look radiant...that's the first thing someone said to me...I look so good and so happy, and I was like...yeah. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment