Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Life...

In my opinion, it is a fact that life is a series of lessons and "Aha" moments. In each stage of my life, I chronicle my growth and my awakening. I call it awakening because so often before I realize something, or before it sinks in, I had no idea that truly this is what I needed to do or feel or how I needed to see whatever it is. For so many years I have been afraid of expressing myself musically, and I have struggled to write music because I just feel it is so EXPOSING. SOME people would read this and say "Girl I don't know what you're talking about because you done already let that exposure ship sail...have you read your previous entries?" AND lol, I agree, I have shared much, but singing is my natural gift. It's where I can actually be felt, and not just heard. It leaves you open and vulnerable, and that's not something I'm comfortable with. BUT...I can't keep holding back, and I can't keep wishing for something I'm not willing to sacrifice for. So...no matter how it's received...my music shall be coming together. And it's funny...because I literally JUST discovered what kind of sound I like for me. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment