Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Going home...

Good morning! Okay, so I went home, and it was the most refreshing experience. I always tend to reflect on my experiences as they relate to my journey to peace, and I like to chronicle my growth! Firstly, let me say just how much I value my circle of friends. We are all a little nuts, fully amazing...we probably pack more amazing in than any one group of friends should be allowed to have. We for the most part have been family since high school. I say family because we have been through the most together, and I just bless God that we all are closer at this stage than ever, because we need each other! At any rate...my friends are amazing! I love, love, love them, and they have no idea how much! Liiiiiiike...since I've relocated I have missed my friends a lot, and it's made adjusting a little bit more difficult because making friends isn't easy! It's almost like dating lol...you find someone then gotta try them out to see if they work out! But anyway, this weekend felt like everything came full circle for me. I realized just how much love I have for my folks and how much I value them. I thought over a lot of the things we BEEN through...and it just made me love them that much more. To be able to make it through your life with a group of people, through loving each other, hating each other lmao, travelling, singing and all our shenanigans we are STILL here! Like...STILL! I know that in this first year of being on another side of the country it was easy to darn near forget the strength of the bonds I have at home, because naturally we don't speak as much and I don't get to SEE my friends. But I know I felt their absence! I questioned myself and my move even at times! But being home this weekend solidified that our bond is incomparable and that I won't be moving back to Indiana lmao. I've never actually felt connected like that...many people that I love won't understand what I mean when I say that. But up until I came home and got to see my loved ones faces I didn't quite get it. Everyone kept asking me how I felt coming home and I'm like...I felt great! It was so great to see everybody! I loved it. But then again, God has so richly blessed me to be able to receive and give love fully. I LOVE my friends and family, blood or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment