Saturday, June 30, 2012

Changes!

We all go through them, don't we? I'm having the hardest time accepting certain things in my life, and struggling with the idea of what to do next. I find myself thinking about my future and what I can do to make my existence happy. I've been a singer for years, and I want to continue to sing, but I'm not making a living at it. And now that I'm just two years away from 30 I'm evaluating all those things! I don't have any children, and no attachments to my hometown like that. I've come to the point where I'm ready to relocate, but I'm not sure where. So many things are up in the air for me right now. I'm trying to be encouraged and I find a little fulfillment in taking my needs as priority. I don't think I have ever been first really. But I'm working on that as well. I am working diligently just to be a better me so I can show someone else what can happen if you persevere. It's just that sometimes I don't know if I'll make it. The day to day is killer. Honestly it is sometimes! I won't lie, a part of this is brought on by certain emotions I'm feeling as I type this, and I just hope things improve. I certainly need something to encourage me to keep going. Working in "corporate" sucks. You certainly don't get anywhere based on merit, skill and experience. Ideally I would run a business that involved me managing or organizing for my clients. Something like an empowered personal assistant. I organize events, coordinate schedules, can do it all basically. And I enjoy seeing my work pay off for someone. Just pay me. I enjoy talking to people and teaching them things. I'd love to educate people on things like personal finance and I'd love to teach people some basic computer skills...no clue how to translate any of that to a job. Btw, my 10 year high school reunion is in August...we'll see. And I met the Notre Dame QB. Cool guy, although I still don't have any love for ND.

No comments:

Post a Comment